It is important to emphasize that:
- The Liberal Party of Canada is NOT the BC Liberal Party.
- The BC Liberal Party is NOT the Liberal Party of Canada.
- These are completely distinct and completely different political organizations concerned with completely different orders of government:
- the Liberal Party of Canada, and this Liberal riding association, are concerned with matters constitutionally within the jurisdiction of the Parliament of Canada, whereas
- the BC Liberal Party is concerned with matters constitutionally within the jurisdiction of the Legislature of the province of BC.
- Despite the presence of the word “Liberal” in their names, and excepting some membership in common — neither organization is in any way associated with nor affiliated with the other.